Have had hip alignment on my mind lately in this pose, Utthita #Trikonasana. Funny how this hand placement reminds me of Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana. Is it all connected?!? Yeah, probably… Also, loving my new @ekaminhale Sri Yantra top - feeling super stylish!
I was tagged by one of my very favorite yogis, the very lovely lady @thisyogiclife to share 10 things that make me happy, and I’m happy to share:
1. My super awesome, supportive, inspiring, loving, and generally all around amazing husband.
2. I’m a total sucker for furry animals - they are just so darn cute.
3. A new source of happiness, video games - currently Borderlands 2 is my jam.
4. Covert, espionage, spy movies make me happy. It can be as high brow, or low brow as you like, I love them all. Bonus points if there are extended car chases and at least one scene in Paris.
5. Eating healthy food (organic, non-gmo, vegetarian, not processed) makes me happy.
6. Any time I get to go anywhere I’ve never been before.
7. My work makes me very, very happy - for which I feel incredibly grateful. Sharing my yoga practice with the students at the studios is a great privilege, I think it is a beautiful thing, and I find it very sweet.
8. Chai tea makes me happy. Love it.
9. Not sure if I will explain this well, but seeing other people manifest something creative, or something they truly love, makes me happy. When someone is in their zone - doing what they love to do - creating that positive energy out of their being - that is so cool and so inspiring to me.
10. Last, but not least, having a yoga practice makes me happy. Good days and bad days on the mat, but wouldn’t trade it for anything. (at Namaste Pacific Yoga - Pacific Beach, San Diego)